Welcome to the SSX Career Opportunity Centre
Sydney Stock Exchange (SSX) is a securities exchange in Australia with a market licence granted by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). The SSX exchange will benefit potential listees and market participants alike in Australia and the Asia Pacific region, due to SSX’s strong links to Asia especially in China. SSX offers Chinese market participants an alternative listing venue to the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges in China.
Working at the SSX is an exciting opportunity for individuals who can deliver the highest standard of ethics, performance, respect and excellence. The Exchange is also committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fosters employee’s growth over the long term.
SSX is well positioned for growth and value creation and provides an excellent platform for people to develop and build their careers. Our presence in Australia and Asia means that we are also better positioned to offer uniquely rich career development opportunities for people and share in the success they help to create.
Location: Sydney Head Office
Experience: Australian capital markets with Hong Kong, Singapore or China exposure
This role is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Market Control team by providing support and leadership, to ensure the SSX market runs smoothly and in accordance with the rules and regulations, which an operating market is bound by.
These duties cover:
- Trading operations and market management of the SSX market;
- Developing and implementing market connectivity with participants
- Management of system and platform enhancements in regards to new products
- Management of company announcements.
- Reporting functions to ensure market compliance is adhered to.
- Preparation of operational reports to management and board
This is achieved by ensuring the preparation and maintenance of the SSX trading platform and announcements platform is in accordance with the Market Rules, Procedures and Policies and ensuring operational controls are of the highest accuracy and standards.
Essential skills and experience
- An understanding of the Australian equity markets in particular Exchange knowledge
- Experience within the financial markets and a broking or market operations environment within the dealing/operating areas
- Project management experience in market connectivity and product development from and Exchange perspective
- Solid understanding of trading platforms and systems
Full position description is available on request.