SSX Privacy StatementSydney Stock Exchange Limited ABN 19 080 399 220 ("SSX") collects information about users of its services and is bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Any personal information we have about you is managed in compliance with the NPP.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information entrusted to SSX by you (other than information already in the public domain) from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure at all times.
This Privacy Statement explains our systems and procedures and provides information on all relevant issues, including your rights to access and correct the information we have about you.
What and how personal information does SSX collect?
SSX may collect and hold the following information about you:
- your full name and contact details;
- your registration and payment details if you are registered to use our services; and
- any other information that is necessary for authentication or identity checks on you when
- managing your account with us.
We do not collect sensitive information such as your racial or ethnic origin or political views.
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, unless you consent otherwise or we are required or authorised to disclose it by law. We will not provide your information to any organisation outside SSX and its related companies subject to the provisions of this Statement.
Your information must be accurate
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collection, use or disclosure. In accordance with regulatory requirements, we need your personal information to be accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any details you have provided change.
What does SSX do with your personal information?
We only collect personal information about you to the extent that it is necessary to perform our services
We may use personal information about you:
- to assist you with management of your account with us, if any;
- to assist with any enquiries or requests you make to us; and
- to detect and prevent faults, breaches of our network securitiy and the law; and
- for our administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
To whom does SSX disclose information about you?
There are certain people and organisations to whom we may disclose your information in connection with the purposes specified above.
We may disclose information about you to any of the organisations that we use in the ordinary administration of our business, including but not limited to:
- providers of administrative and management services, technology services, including entities we may outsource these activities to; and
- auditors, consultants, legal and accounting firms, industry bodies and associations and persons undertaking compliance reviews.
Information about others that you provide to us
If at any time you provide personal information of another person to us, you must first ensure that that person (or their parent or guardian if they are under the age of 18) has read and understood this Statement and separately consented to that personal information being used or disclosed by us for the above purposes.
Improper use of information
We will not use or disclose your personal information to any third-party unless:
- you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by law or other regulations (e.g. the Australian Securities and Investments Commission ("ASIC"), the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre ("AUSTRAC"), the Courts and the Australian Taxation Office (“ATO”));
- the use or disclosure is required in accordance with SSX Business Rules and SSX ListingRules; or
- the use or disclosure is necessary to protect SSX's interests in accordance with applicable regulations (e.g. disclosure to AUSTRAC concerning “suspect transactions” or to the police in cases of suspected fraud).
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by writing to "The Privacy Officer" at the address below. We will endeavor to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access the information (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged for providing such access.
How do you make further enquiries or complain about a breach of privacy?
If you require more information about the way we manage personal information or wish to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact us. Correspondence should be put in writing and forwarded to the address below.
The Privacy Officer
Sydney Stock Exchange Limited
Level 41, 259 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
02 9217 2730
02 9215 2833
You can also obtain further information regarding your privacy by visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Links to other sites
Our websites may contain links to other sites. SSX is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
Updating our Privacy Statement
This Statement represents our policy as at 29 February 2012. We reserve the right to review and amend this Statement from time to time without notice to you. We recommend that you review the information on our website on a regular basis.
By continuing to do business with SSX, you are consenting to SSX collecting, using and disclosing information in accordance with the provisions of this Statement.